Salkantay Trek 5d
It is an alternative tour to the traditional Inca Trail, the Salkantay snowcapped or "Apu Salkantay" with a height of 6264 meters; route offers a wonderful landscape of glaciers. This adventure tour will allow us to see the waters nascent of the rivers, streams, waterfalls of singular beauty; we could also appreciate a variety of orchids, the crops of coca leaf.
DAY 1: Cusco - Mollepata – Soraypampa.
We left at 5:00, by bus to the town of Mollepata. Breakfast; where we will have contact with the muleteer that will help us carrying all the camping equipment, we started the walk. After 4hrs, we will arrive to Silcakancha for lunch; we will pass the foothills of the snowy Tucarhuay (5910 m) until Soraypampa. Overnight.
DAY 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay – Rayampata.
This day we started the walk early, this day we will need more effort phisical because we need to climb into the pass more high of Salkantay (4600m), from here we can appreciate the full extent and beauty the Salkantay, then we continue until Rayampata, in this path we can observe the chain of Vilcabamba and the Flight of the Condor. Overnight.
DAY 3: Rayampata – La Playa.
In the walk of this day, contact with nature is amazing, we can to appreciate diversity of flora (orchids, bromeliads, blackberries, coffee, coca leaves, fruits like passion fruit), en route we can enjoy the hot springs of Colpabamba, well as of a the three-tiered waterfall. Overnight.
DAY 4: La Playa – La Hidroelectrica – Machupicchu.
This is the last day of our hike; ascend toward the open Llactapata, from this point we have a panoramic view of Machupicchu, we descend toward the valley Ayobamba, arriving until Hidroelectrica, in this place we take the train to Aguas Calientes, in this place we have the opportunity to enjoy the hot springs . Overnight.
DAY 5: Machupicchu – Cusco.
After a hearty breakfast, we will go by bus to Machu Picchu in the company of our guide; we have all morning to visit the Inca city, in an atmosphere of tranquility. At 12hrs, we began our return to Aguas Calientes. Lunch, Then we will take the train that will take us back to Cusco.
- Pick up from hotel in the morning (bus) bound for Mollepata (Location of start of the walk)
- Professional guide (Spanish/ English)
- Meals; 4 Breakfasts / 4 lunches 4 dinners
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Muleteer and horses (who carrying all the camping equipment)
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Tents (mats, chairs), dining tent, kitchen tent
- First aid kit
- Breakfast the first day.
- Lunch and dinner on the last day
- Visit to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes
RECOMMENDATIONS TO BRING:
- A backpack with clothes for the trek. Recommended: Poloshirts, short shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Boots or strong shoes.
- Camera, films and batteries extras
- Hat or cap to protect against sun, rain or cold
- Mosquito repellent.
- Snack: biscuits, chocolates, etc.
- Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (Micropur)
Optional: (walking sticks during the trek) should be covered with rubber